Monday, February 16, 2015

Daydreaming

The kitchen renovation is coming along slowly but surely. Since I last posted, we've hung a new light and continued to remove big amounts of the linoleum. We are really anxious to get that part of the project out of the way!

It's been very cold & very snowy around these parts, and I pulled a muscle in my back trying {without success} to start our snow blower. So today I'm taking it easy & researching DIY ideas. Here are a few that I really want to try:

Stripes in the Half Bath

When we first moved in, we painted our half bathroom with some leftover coral paint that Andrew's parents gave us. Lately I have had the itch to tackle this sort of thing in there:

A softer gray and white done by Suburbs Mama.

Really bold and bright by hannahlowman.com

Young House Love has a good tutorial, which I will probably end up following.



Concrete Sink Makeover

I've been wondering what to do in our half bath. It's going to get new flooring since it's connected to the kitchen, and I found these - never would have come up with this on my own!

Great tutorial by Little Green Notebook.

 Seriously contemplating this now! Here is another step-by-step. 

Plank Wall

I want to do a plank accent wall in our guest bedroom behind the bed. Just one wall, floor to ceiling. And I would likely use pine, then seal & paint the wall white. Here are some ideas I like:

A cool bedroom featured on Apartment Therapy.

This room by Owen's Olivia is for a child, but has similar colors & a very similar bed to ours.

And the excellent how-to by Home Stories A to Z.

Well, that's it for now. I hope everyone is having a good Monday & staying warm this winter! As for me... it's time to turn on my heating pad, put it on my sore shoulder and take a nap!

Keep creating, DIYers!

No comments:

Post a Comment