Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine's Day-cor


After a long and courageous hunt, we {finally} found a round mirror for our mantle! It's the Stabekk mirror by IKEA and we purchased it in Charlotte, NC. The mirror is only $99 and the perfect size for our space - 29 1/2 inches. Andrew hung it up last night & I'm in love.

Last week when I realized Valentine's Day is this month, I got out a few decorations. I don't really know why it didn't cross my mind until the second week of the month, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I am not good at calendars.

For lesser holidays, decor is limited to our mantle. This year it has some photos of Andrew & me, a sparkly pink garland, assorted candles, and a hand-lettered print of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

Oh, and a cardboard heart that I made after sifting through our recycling. It's true.
Speaking of NC… Shout out to my sister, Maris, who showed us a wonderful time this past weekend in Charlotte. We had a tremendous time. It's 30 degrees warmer there! No ice or snow!!! Grand weather, food and fellowship. The trip was good for my soul. To read more about our trip, check out her blog: flour & oil

No comments:

Post a Comment