Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pallet Bookshelf

Good morning! Today I want to share with you a {FREE} project that I tackled last week - Adding pallet wood to the back of an old bookcase. It turned out just as I envisioned and gave new life to two old things. Check it out!




First I disassembled my pallet. I wore gloves to avoid splinters and used a crowbar, hammer & my hands to pull it apart. Time consuming but worth it!




Next I used the hammer to pull out the old rusty nails. Should you decide to do this too, the nurse in me wants to make sure you have an up-to-date tetanus shot.




Be careful not to break your slats of wood. I had two that splintered apart, but plenty left over for my bookshelf. Work mindfully. Slow and steady wins the race.




Last, I used our miter saw to cut the slats the same width as the bookshelf. Then I lined them up and nailed them into place. All finished and looking good!


This was an excellent project. I'm not totally sure what we'll end up doing with the bookshelf, so for now it's un an empty spare room upstairs. Feel free to replicate my efforts! 

<<< To see a more comprehensive shot of the finished product, click this photo to the left to enlarge.

Thanks for reading the blog today &  have a splendid Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment